In The News
- The Athens Messenger: Educators Brainstorm Ways to Attract More of their Own
- WOUB: Educators Brainstorm Ways to Attract More of Their Own (audio interview)
- April 16, 2015: Forum Tackles Education’s Hottest Topics
- Hess, M. E., Lowery, C. L., Hartman, S. L., Kennedy, C., Keifer-Kennedy, M., Kaufman, A., & Coy-McClain, M. P. (2021). Exploring the democratic development of teacher candidates: Mentor teacher perceptions of facilitating spaces in the clinical model. In P. M. Jenlink (Ed.), Teaching as a Clinical Practice Profession. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Hartman, S.L., Lowery, C.L., Hess, M.E., Kennedy, C., Kennedy, M.K., Mazid, I., Coy, M.P. (2021). An examination of time allocation in early childhood teacher candidates’ clinical field placements. Action in Teacher Education. 43:1, 67-84, doi: 10.1080/01626620.2020.1820404
- Hartman, S.L., Lowery, C.L., Kennedy, C., Hess, M.E., Coy, M.P., Kennedy, M.K., Kaufman, A. (2021). Student voices: Child perspectives of the impact of working with teacher candidates via clinically-based teacher preparation programs. Peabody Journal of Education. 96:1, 87-98. doi: 10.1080/0161956X.2020.1864249
- Lowery, C.L., Hess, M.E., Hartman, S.L., Kennedy, C., Mazid, I. (2018). Establishing partnership spaces: Reflections of educational leaders on founding professional development schools. Educational Leadership Review, 19:1, 92-110. https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1200808.pdf
- Trube, M. B., Prince, B. L., & Middleton, R. A. (2012). Collaborative partnerships for capacity building through professional development. In F. S. Miller (Ed.),Transforming learning environments: Strategies to shape the next generation (pp. 81-105). Bingley, United Kingdom: Emerald.
- Middleton, R. A., & Prince, B. L. (2011). Redesigning teacher education from the ground up – A collaborative model. In G. Wan & D. M. Gut (Eds.), Bringing schools into the 21st century, Explorations of Educational Purpose 13 (pp. 225-246). New York, NY: Springer.
Regional Community Forums
2015: College Career Readiness
2015: P-12 Student Testing
2013: Ohio Evaluation Systems
- White, R., Middleton, R.A., Madden, P., & Henning, J.E. (2014) Clinical Model of Teacher Preparation. Presentation deliver at Spring CORAS Membership Meeting. Logan, OH.
- White, R., & Fults, N. (2013, November). Community Forums and Educational Reform. Presentation delivered at Ohio School Boards Association (OSBA). Columbus, OH.
- White, R., Middleton, R. A., Murray, R., & Perkins, T. (2013, October). SEOTDC and CORAS: Southern Ohio Professional Collaboratives. Presentation delivered at Rural Education National Conference. Columbus, OH.
- Hansen, B. & Trube, B. (2013, March 6). Feedback from the field: Creating partnerships with higher education to support strong teacher preparation programs. Presentation delivered at Ohio Appalachia Collaborative (OAC) College and Career Readiness Showcase, Zanesville, OH.
- Henning, J. E., Erb, D., Webb, K., Fults, N., & Randles, H. S. (2013, March). The clinical curriculum: The foundation for a clinically based model of teacher education. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE). Orlando, FL.
- Henning, J. E., Erb, D., Webb, K., Fults, N., & Randles, H. S. (2012, March). Designing a curriculum for a clinically-based model of teachereducation. Paper presented at the spring conference of the Ohio Confederation of Teacher Educator Organizations (OCTEO). Dublin, OH.
- To view TE Clinical Curriculum, click HERE
- Middleton, R. A., Erb, D., McQueen, P., Madden, P., Osgood, R., White, R., Cropper, M., and Flora, R. (, 2012, February). A Public/Private Institutional Teacher Education Collaborative: Promoting High Quality Education for All Children. American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE), Chicago, Illinois.
- Howley, A., & Trube, B. (2012, March). Designing a tool to measure mentoring styles. The Ohio Confederation of Teacher Education Organizations (OCTEO), Columbus, Ohio.